Quiet Title Actions In Florida: What They Are And Why They Matter
A quiet title action is a legal avenue for obtaining a clear title and establishing ownership of the property. It involves addressing any competing claims for the property such as liens, spousal claims and tenancies in common. It’s also a way to assert or oppose ownership via adverse possession.
Quiet title actions may become necessary for a multitude of reasons. Perhaps you are looking to sell the property and need a clear title to do so. Or maybe you are buying a property and need to resolve title issues in order to secure financing. Whatever the reason, enlisting experienced legal help is essential for protecting your ownership interests and obtaining a clean title.
How We Can Help With Your Quiet Title Case
Navigating a quiet title case in Florida can be complicated. Our real estate lawyers at Brown & Associates Law & Title, P.A. can represent you throughout the process.
- Advise you of whether you have a strong ownership claim
- Identify all competing claims
- Provide an honest opinion of your chances for success
- Help you gather the appropriate documentation and evidence
- File the legal paperwork on your behalf
- Present your case in court
Quiet title actions must be handled in the Florida county court where your property is located.